Skip to main content

Benefits of Palm Kernel Oil



Palm kernel oil has been in my home for as long as I can remember. As a little girl, my paternal grandmother would send it to us to use as a body cream. She sent the one that had stick-like herbs in them and I was cool with them until I started watching Nollywood, and I wanted nothing to do with a babalawo's cream. Although now I know it's a very great oil and I'm going to be sharing some of its wonders.  

Palm kernel oil has a texture and feel similar to coconut oil. It contains lauric acid 48%, oleic acid 15%, and linoleic acid 2.3%.  It has been used for many years in West Africa as cosmetic. It's called mmanu aki in Igbo and adin dudu in Yoruba. Apart from its great skin and hair benefits, it is traditionally used as medicine for aliments like convulsion. My grandma originally sent it to us when my mom complained about my skin and my sister's own. 


Skin Benefits 
Palm kernel oil helps make the skin soft and smooth.

Palm kernel oil has anti-aging properties. It is loaded with antioxidants which prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

It also provides protection against harmful UV rays, other toxins, and harsh weather conditions.

It has a longer shelf life than most oils making it preferable because you don't have to worry about a rancid oil destroying your skin.

It cures dry and itchy skin and makes the skin look naturally radiant.

It can be used to cure cracked heels and dry cuticles.

It restores the elasticity of the skin.


Hair Benefits 
It helps thicken the hair, giving it added volume.

Similar to coconut oil, it helps moisturise the hair and locks in moisture (water).

It makes the hair softer.

It treats dandruff.

It helps stimulate hair growth.

Fallen in love with this awesome oil yet? To get, palm kernel oil is available in the shop, so kindly send us a message

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Benefits of Honey

Honey is a sweet, thick liquid made by honeybees. What makes the smell, colour, and taste of honey different depend on the types of flowers visited.

Benefits of Coconut Oil for the skin

Coconut oil is an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of matured coconuts. It contains vitamin E and K and iron. It also contains the same level of saturated fat like palm oil but both are safer than animal fat because they are composed of medium-chain triglycerides which reduces health risk when taken internally. Although I prefer groundnut oil for cooking.