Skip to main content

Benefits of Honey


Honey is a sweet, thick liquid made by honeybees. What makes the smell, colour, and taste of honey different depend on the types of flowers visited.
-Nutritionally, 1 tablespoon of honey (21 grams) contains 64 calories and 17 grams of sugar, including fructose, glucose, maltose, and sucrose; trace amounts of vitamins and minerals. However, it contains virtually no fibre, fat or protein.

-Honey is rich in antioxidants. Very rich, which can help in lowering blood pressure. 

-When replacing sugar with honey, bear in mind it raises blood sugar levels, just not as high as refined sugar. It is good in managing cholesterol levels. 

-Combining it with lime, lemon, garlic or ginger can help treat flu and cough. 

Comments

  1. Now I have a ready to make diy cough mixture thanks to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, thanks for visiting_ajimi

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Benefits of Palm Kernel Oil

Palm kernel oil has been in my home for as long as I can remember. As a little girl, my paternal grandmother would send it to us to use as a body cream. She sent the one that had stick-like herbs in them and I was cool with them until I started watching Nollywood, and I wanted nothing to do with a babalawo's cream . Although   now I know it's a very great oil and I'm going to be sharing some of its wonders.  

Benefits of Coconut Oil for the skin

Coconut oil is an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of matured coconuts. It contains vitamin E and K and iron. It also contains the same level of saturated fat like palm oil but both are safer than animal fat because they are composed of medium-chain triglycerides which reduces health risk when taken internally. Although I prefer groundnut oil for cooking.